A great deal has been said about reducing teachers workload but what about the workload of headteachers – what is being done for them!
As a headteacher, planning and managing your workload is an essential skill that can have a wide effect on your school as there are many different competing demands and challenges on your time.
Managing Headteacher Workload provides a systematic approach, using proven planning and time management techniques, to effectively plan and manage your workload by:
- identifying and prioritising essential leadership and management tasks that need to be addressed over the school year and then;
- prioritising these tasks into term, week and day.
Managing Headteacher Workload contains a wealth of management support material that covers 33 leadership and management areas over the school year including:
• Action Plans • Audit Sheets • Checklists • Day Planners • Evaluation Sheets • Improvement Plans
• Information Sheets • Questionnaires • Report Forms • Safe Operating Systems • School Event Planners
• Spreadsheets • SWOT Analyses • System Flow Charts • Term Planners • Time Management Sheets
• Timetables • Week Planners • Year Planners
Effective planning and management of your workload facilitates a better work life balance, reduces stress, makes you feel more in control, enables better relationships with your colleagues, allows you to consider introducing new initiatives and finally it allows you to be more flexible in your role as headteacher.
We believe Managing Headteacher Workload will help you in achieving all this.